Search

video-spacer

The 13th Annual Ciclismo Classico Bike Travel Film Festival

We’re back live and in-person!

Presented by Ciclismo Classico and the Regent Theatre, the 13th Annual Ciclismo Classico Bike Travel Film Festival is a celebration of travel and human-powered adventure on wheels, and it is the only event of its type in the world.  You don’t have to be a cyclist to enjoy these journeys featuring people young and old, in the USA and abroad!  We’ll be sharing an evening of short films and good company that will delight and inspire any attendee.

• When? Thursday, March 24th, 2022. (6:00 PM Social Hour.  7:00 PM films begin)
  • Where?  Regent Theatre, Arlington, MA
  • Ticket Cost:
    Tickets are $20 in advance, plus $6 theatre fees
    Tickets are $25 at the door, plus $6 theatre fees
    Each ticket includes one free entry into our fantastic prize drawing!
  • Ticket sales:  https://regenttheatre.com/details/13th_annual_ciclismo_classico
  • A portion of festival proceeds go to the nonprofit Adventure Cycling Association.

Not local?  Staying close to home?

We are planning to release an online version of the 2022 film festival – stay tuned for details.

We are hoping to re-start the Festival in our satellite locations in 2022.  Check back here for shows in Portland, ME, and the Northampton, MA, area.

Calling All Filmmakers!

The 2023 Festival is OPEN for your bicycle travel submissions!

Our submission page can be found here: https://filmfreeway.com/CiclismoClassicoBikeTravelFilmFestival

Submitting a film is free.  Although films of up to 60 minutes are eligible, the vast majority of selected films are 3-20 minutes long.

See our 2021 Winners!

Grand jury award: Choosing to Live

Audience award: Freedom Seat

Festival Mission

The Festival’s mission is to inspire attendees to explore by bicycle. Whether across the globe or a few towns away, there’s nothing that recharges and expands horizons like bicycle travel.  The Festival will increase awareness and appreciation for bicycle travel by showcasing independent films that depict the adventure, humor, and growth inherent in two-wheeled journeys.  We seek films that portray a broad range of experiences – destinations ranging from small African villages to a campground 30 miles from home; solo travel or a family reunion on bicycles; an organized tour from inn to inn or a shoestring jaunt with tent and sleeping bag. Ours is the ONLY film festival in the USA that focuses specifically on bicycle travel.

About Ciclismo Classico

The Ciclismo Classico mission is to offer high-quality, educational, and dreamy itineraries that celebrate the diversity of native peoples and their landscapes.  By combining legendary service and rare cultural experiences, the Ciclismo Classico philosophy continues to energize and transform each and every guest.

As a specialized “boutique” tour operator since 1988, Ciclismo Classico provides the most authentic, unique and exciting vacations in the adventure travel industry. Their well-crafted educational trips in Italy, France, Spain, Austria, and New England are active immersions into local art, language, music and delicious cuisine.   www.ciclismoclassico.com

About Wheelworks

Wheelworks is pleased to support the Ciclismo Classico Bicycle Travel Film Festival. For over forty years, they’ve been part of New England cycling. They’ve seen and participated in the journey and look forward to where it is going next.

“This film festival exorcised my inner curmudgeon. After 40 years of riding I had become jaded and non-plussed by all things bicycle.  These films were like a defibrillator for my soul. Now I seek epic adventures – be they around my neighborhood or around my planet – to follow the courageous and curious who produce these films.”     Richard Fries, Director, Cycling Experience, Best Buddies Challenge

Lauren Hefferon presenting at an event

Search