Bike Across The Netherlands
Top Guide Tour with Isacco Colombo
Download a Detailed Itinerary
Our comprehensive itineraries are a one-stop-shop for all the delightful details of our carefully crafted tours, including:
- A thorough daily itinerary
- Details for exact accommodations
- What to expect
- Travel planning tips
Please provide your contact information so that we can say “benvenuto”. After submitting the form, you will be able to download the itinerary immediately.
Join Top Guide Isacco Colombo on this new Dutch adventure! A Ciclismo Classico guide since 2007, Isacco loves to share his cycling enthusiasm, energy and drive with those Ciclismo guests lucky enough to experience it! One of Isacco’s big goals is to have his guests return home with better riding skills, more importantly an enhanced love for the sport of cycling.
According to Isacco, The Netherlands is by far the most bike-friendly country in the world: a-m-a-zing bike paths and flat terrain make it fun, safe experience and really the best means of traveling through a country that embraces the bicycle and while maintaining a deep, history, loads of interesting traditions and and a unique, fascinating culture. All with an impressive lean into future thinking and modernity.
The tour starts from the colorful city of Amsterdam and goes through North and South Holland, the two main central provinces of the Netherlands, as well as Utrecht province. We’ll explore the exciting cities of Utrecht, Gouda, and Dordrecht. This ride creatively weaves through islands and peninsulas in the province of Zeeland, amidst dams and colossal bridges and feats of awe-inspiring engineering–at best. Isacco’s passion around these special spots unfolds as we spin from one special bridge or dam to the next; all draw dropping spectacles, to say the least.
The tour ends in Isacco’s beloved Flanders, just beyond the Belgian border, as we glide along romantic tree-lined canals and into the magical city of Bruges. We park ourselves at a historical brewery and restaurant in town to gaze, glow and raise our mugs full of fresh cool beer while learning all about the ancient brewing tradition in Bruges. This is just how we do it on our eight day one-of-a-kind Bike Across The Netherlands adventure.
- Ride in the world’s most bike-friendly country, enjoy bike paths along canals and windmill lined ways
- Taste waffles, beers and other Dutch specialties
- Visit historic cities like Utrecht, Gouda, Dordrecht, Zierikzee, Middelburg
- Climb the historic bell tower of Utrecht, and visit the archaeological underground site
- Ride through Kinderdijk windmills UNESCO site and visit expositions
- Visit cheese museum in Gouda complete with tasting
- Ride through islands, bridges and dams of colossal Delta Works engineering project in Zeeland
- Visit UNESCO world heritage city of Bruges, celebrate with a renowned Flemish brewing tradition
What to Expect
MileageAverage Daily: 30 Total: 209
Once you have a trip confirmed, we will feed you a steady diet of additional pre-departure information that includes: How to train, prepare, pack and all the wonderful, inspirational and practical things you want and need to know before you go! Our Travel Advisors will be available to help plan your pre- and post-tour travel.
- *Wine kitty & Ciclismo kit (bib & jersey)
- Van support
- Leadership of your expert, bilingual Top Guide(s)
- Cycling clinics
Included on Top Guide Tour departures only*
- Carbon bike equipped with Garmin Edge Touring GPS
- *Ciclismo Classico “Top Guide” cycling kit (bib & jersey)
- Ciclismo Classico water bottle
- Two water bottle holders
- Map holder on handlebars and a Garmin Edge GPS
- Handlebar bag
- Tire pump
- Combination bike lock
- Gel-padded saddle
- Choice of pedals
- Card with your tour leaders’ mobile phone numbers
Included on Top Guide Tour departures only. Regular departures include a Ciclismo cycling jersey & water bottle*
- Flat pedals
- Half-toe pedals (without straps)
- Toe cage pedals
- Optional: clipless pedals with shoes
- Optional: your own saddle
- All accommodations
- All ferries
- All breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 6 dinners
- Visit to cheese museum in Gouda complete with tasting
- Visit bell tower and archaeological underground site in Utrecht
- Access to an exposition of windmills of Kinderdijk
- Guided walking tour in Bruges (and other towns)
Fly IntoAmsterdam (AMS)
Fly Out OfBrussels (BRU)
Hotel Pulitzer is a quintessential Dutch luxury hotel interconnecting 25 houses along the famous Prinsengracht and Keizersgracht canals. This hidden neighborhood features intimate guest rooms, tranquil inner gardens, garden cafe, and restaurant.
Amsterdam – Utrecht
Average Mileage28 miles
Elevation Gain557 ft.
Mother Goose is situated right in the heart of the historical city center. The building of Mother Goose is soaked in history, which we absolutely adore.
Utrecht – Gouda
Average Mileage34 miles
Elevation Gain443 ft
Our hotel is located in the historical center of Gouda, next to one of the most beautiful canals of the city – de Hoge Gouwe. This new hotel is adjacent to the former Gas and Light Factory. The special interior design of the hotel reflects the rich history of Gouda.
Gouda – Dordrecht
Average MileageRide 28 mi including short ferries Krimpen aan de Leek-Kinderdijk, and Papendrecht-Dordrecht.
Elevation Gain426 ft.
Housed in a former water tower, a 15 minute walk from Dordrecht’s historic center, Villa Augustus features spacious grounds including decorative gardens an organic kitchen garden, and restaurant. Their onsite bakery freshly makes sourdough bread, cakes, and biscuits.
Dordrecht – Zierikzee
Average Mileage47 miles
Elevation Gain607 ft.
A brand new hotel, Mondragon just opened in a fascinating Baroque building following its original heritage designation. It is the only one in the historic town, facing the old port of Zierikzee.
Zierikzee - Middelburg
Average Mileage31/43 miles
Elevation Gain591/1017 ft
This boutique hotel was built on the same site as the medieval fortress or ‘burg’ to which Middelburg owes its name.The street on which our hotel is located leads to the town’s market square and its famous town hall. Behind the hotel is the main shopping area with more than thirty restaurants situated within 500 m from our hotel.
Middelburg – Bruges
Average Mileage35 miles
Elevation Gain689 ft
This elegant patrician home is from the 15th century and has been transformed into a luxurious, contemporary hotel located along one of Bruges’ most beautiful canals “Den Dijver.”