People Are Asking
There are so many bike tour companies out there. Why should I come with you?
You’re right. There are hundreds of companies to choose from. However, you won’t find a more intimate, immersive, and cultural experience anywhere else. We are the experts on Italy, with tours to the most regions, local guides, and a deep understanding of the culture. We take the same approach when we move into new countries, like France, Spain, Germany, Austria, and many more.
This is also our 30th year of operations, and we’ve only expanded our knowledge as we grow.
What makes Ciclismo Classico different?
You have a lot of tours. Where do I start?
It starts by answering a few questions.
- How long would you like to ride (i.e. how many days)?
- What time of year do you wish to travel?
- How much do you bike – both in terms of distance and terrain?
- Would you like to be challenged or do you prefer to travel at a relaxed pace?
Equipped with these answers you can start to narrow down which rides are best for you with our tour finder. Our expert Travel Consultants are also available to help you find the tour that matches you best! It’s important to make sure that your dream vacation is a match for one of our tours. Fill out our contact us form, or call our office any-time Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm EST.
What do the tour levels mean?
Easy: Terrain is flat to rolling hills and 20-30 average miles per day
Athletic Beginner: Terrain is rolling hills and 30-40 average miles per day
Intermediate: Terrain is hilly and 30-50 average miles per day
Advanced: Terrain is hilly to mountainous and 40-50 average miles per day
Can I speak to someone who’s done this tour?
What are the meals like?
My partner doesn’t bike. Do you accommodate non-riders?
What is the price for a non-rider?
Bike & Jersey Stuff
Do you provide bikes?
What types of bikes do you offer?
While our road and hybrid bikes are available on all tours, ebikes, tandems, and family trailers/ride alongs are limited availability and have an extra cost. Visit our Bikes and Gear page for more information.
What’s the make of your hybrid bike?
What are your tandems like?
How can I be sure you’re going to fit me to the right bike?
Measurement A: Seat height
Measurement B: Reach
Measurement C: Handlebar-to-wheel height
Do you offer Trail-a-bikes for kids?
I have a lot of camera equipment or other gear I want to keep with me on the bike. Can you mount a rear rack bag on the Bianchi?
Should I bring my own bike on tour?
How can I ship my bike?
Will there be assistance in assembling my personal bike? What about transporting its case?
How can I make sure that I get the right size jersey?
Travel & Planning
My vacation schedule is tight. Can I join the trip late – or leave early?
What are the hotels like? What star rating are they?
I need to get all my trains to and from the tour organized. How do I do this?
Tipping guides: How much?
Is wine included in my trip cost?
- Join the Wine Kitty: On the first night of the tour your guides will collect a designated amount of money (depending on the length of tour and average wine price) to go into the “Wine Kitty.” During each group dinner guides will select wines that showcase the best production of the region, and in some cases the best local beers.
- Select and purchase wine and beer on your own each night: You will be responsible for keeping track of the bill and should be prepared to pay in cash each night for any beverages you drink.