USA Regional Manager Ciclismo Classico
This mid-level position is the ideal choice for someone with a love of bicycle travel, and with solid project management, budgeting, field operations and customer service experience. The Region Director based in the Northeast collaborates with Ciclismo Classico’s founder and director Lauren Hefferon to conceive and plan a portfolio of trip itineraries, and acts as the sales and planning expert for the Northeast USA.
If you have excelled as a bicycle tour guide / trip and operations manager, like being a jack (or jane) of all trades and have strong skills in operations, managing and administering projects, orchestrating the movements of people and bikes, and ensuring the expectations of guests are exceeded, this job is for you! It’s the next big step up from being a tour guide to running the back and front end of a growing bicycle tour division. You will learn everything about the planning and running of a bicycle tour and will also be involved with guide hiring, the trip design, scouting and guiding a few tours to get a flavor of the clients and to understand the flow and flavor of our Ciclismo Classico tours.
If you’re ready for responsibility as key member in the growth of a new Domestic Bicycle Tour division of Ciclismo Classico then we look forward to hearing from you.
As a specialized “boutique” tour operator since 1988, Ciclismo provides the most authentic, unique and exciting bicycle and walking vacations in the adventure travel industry. Our well-crafted educational trips in Europe and the USA are active immersions into local art, language, and music and, of course, delicious cuisine. By combining legendary service and rare cultural experiences, our philosophy continues to energize and transform each and every guest.
We embrace our active-travel niche and “pedal your passion” culture. Our strengths and excellent reputation lie in our 32 years of active travel expertise, superior and personalized customer service, and multi-talented staff and members of our tour leadership team. Our entire Ciclismo Team is passionate about doing things the Ciclismo Way-with a sense of fun, creativity and total dedication to quality.
A small business requires people to “wear several hats” and sometimes do work on different professional levels. You will find this applies here. Your focus will change from season to season.
Reporting to the CEO, the Regional Bicycle Tour director role has three main (and related) areas of responsibility:
- Administration of trips and keeping trip budgets on time and accurately
- Logistics of operations
- Guest sales and services delivery
In order to fully understand these functions, the successful candidate will also be able to work as a guide on several Ciclismo Classico bike tours each year. FUN!
Areas Of Responsibility
You will manage the following, as well as doing some of the work yourself and supervising another team member doing some of the work:
Trip Operational Management
You will facilitate the smooth functioning of our 2022 operating season. This includes making hotel and van reservations in the fall, budgeting, preparing the annual operating calendar, prepping the bikes and guides for the season, coordinating the logistics of bikes and supplies and all pre- and post-trip movements of people and, creating public documents involving trip logistics, and creating crew resource materials, training on new systems. You’ll interface with our bicycle tour operators partners, you’ll recommend and make improvements on existing systems; you’ll manage to a budget, ensure proper fiscal management of the trips, and report your status.
Guest Sales, Service And Satisfaction
You will reach out to potential domestic tour guests and share your passion about our tours. You will enroll guests and help ensure that our trips are exceeding guest expectations at all times, which includes becoming familiar with the trips by working as a guide from time to time, gathering and analyzing feedback, putting together and overseeing some assigned aspects of guest services delivery, and developing improvements.
Administration And Office Systems Management
You’ll be responsible for some areas of company administration, including insurance, office suppliers, policies and some HR functions.
You’ll perform management functions for complex projects, provide research, analysis, reports or other documents, and other duties as assigned.
Skills And Qualifications Required – The Right Attitude Is Everything!
Below are the qualifications that the perfect candidate would have; the world is not perfect, so if you believe you are ready for the challenge and responsibility, and you have the attitude of a great team player, we encourage you to apply and explain how you’ll kick this out of the park.
- 5+ years professional travel experience, with a mix of operational and administrative functions, including people or project management and budget management. Bike tour operational experience a huge plus!
- Proven ability to work independently and also a part of a close-knit team.
- Ability to understand and improve systems, while keeping the details straight.
- Strong proficiency with office software including Excel, Word and calendars.
- Tact and the ability to build good relationships, across geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Good written and verbal communication and good analytical skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Love of multi-tasking, managing many details, and handling changes.
- Understanding of small business—building systems, wearing many hats
- Bicycle tour operator and/ or professional bike guiding experience.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
An individual with a “let’s make this happen” attitude will get most out of this position.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, “whatever it takes to get it done” work environment.
- Bicycle Mechanical expertise
- Problem solver
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability.
Compensation And Location
- The candidate must be located in the Northeast. It is a full-time position, with some guiding work that pays a competitive salary with commissions and year-end bonus
How To Apply
Please send PDF resume with lively cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you!