Dear Ciclismo Classico Guests:
The decision to travel in the next few months is a personal one. When you are ready, we believe that cycling in remote locations, far away from crowds is one of the most wonderful ways to explore the world!
To give you the peace of mind and flexibility that you need during these uncertain times, we have modified our 2020 safety and cancelation policies. Please note, in this ever-changing situation, we reserve the right to make changes to these policies as necessary. Read our Policies page for more details.
Thank you in advance for staying in touch (we love hearing from you), postponing or rescheduling your tour if necessary and your patience.
Director and Founder, Ciclismo Classico
2020 European Tours: If Ciclismo Postpones your Trip due to Travel Restrictions
We remain committed to running the remainder of our 2020 tours unless travel is restricted by local or global authorities, or we determine the quality of the tour would be negatively impacted due to the Coronavirus situation. We will evaluate each tour 45 days prior to the tour start date (or closer to the departure date as the situation changes).
If we have to postpone your trip due to travel restrictions, we’ll rollover your deposit towards ANY future European Ciclismo Classico trip.
2020 European Tours: Departing June 15-August 31 (Revised Policies)
For all European Tours with a June 15, 2020 – August 31, 2020 departure date, we have altered our policies as follows:
- Final Payment: In an effort to ease financial pressure from our guest, final payment will be due 45 days prior to the tour.
- For bookings not paid in full: If at any time you wish to postpone your trip prior to 45 days from departure date, we’ll rollover a credit equal to 125% of your deposit that can be used towards ANY future European Ciclismo Classico trip. No penalty. No expiration date. You may also transfer this credit to a friend or family member as a gift certificate.
If you are scheduled to travel with Ciclismo Classico on September 1, 2020 and beyond, please contact our office for the most recent updates. Your patience and understanding are sincerely appreciated.
New Reservations: 2020 Domestic Tours
For Domestic One-Day Tours: reservations are non-refundable but can be rescheduled with 48 hour notice.
For all other 2020 Domestics Tours, our policies as follows:
- Deposit: hold your spot with a fully refundable $500 up to 31 days prior to the tour date.
- Relaxed Final Payment: In an effort to ease financial pressure from our guest, final payment will be due 30 days prior to the tour.
- Cancellation Policies:
- If you choose to cancel once you made your final payment (30 days prior to the tour), no refund will be provided.
- If we need to cancel due to travel restrictions by local or global authorities, a full refund will be provided.
In light of COVID-19, our Summer and Fall tours will take all the necessary steps to keep our guests and guides safe and healthy.
For your peace of mind and safety, each tour will adhere to the following:
Ciclismo Classico staff will abide by all state and federal guidelines related to health and safety requirements for businesses reopening (as pertains to COVID-19).
The guides will, on a daily basis, remind everyone to use good hygiene, wash their hands, use hand sanitizers, avoid touching people unnecessarily, sneeze into tissues, etc.
Ciclismo Classico will encourage social distancing of six feet.
If guests or Ciclismo staff exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath), they must self-isolate for the remainder of the trip.
To enable guests to feel safe, Ciclismo Classico will provide everyone with an unlimited supply of travel-size containers of:
To ensure that guests feel safe traveling in our support vehicles:
Where possible, Ciclismo Classico will provide two vans for the transfers (to promote social distancing).
The guides will ensure that all interior surfaces, door handles, safety belts, etc. are wiped down with disinfectant on a daily basis.
All vans will be equipped with disinfectant wipes & hand sanitizer for anyone to use (this was actually the case before COVID-19).
When guides deliver luggage to rooms, they will wash their hands before handling luggage (or wear protective gloves).
Because the guides are constantly handling the bikes:
Guides will wear protective gloves when loading or unloading bikes from the van and/or trailer.
Guides will wear protective gloves when refilling water bottles for the guests.
Request that guests not touch other people’s bikes and/or belongings.
Request that guests not cycle too close to each other to enable social distancing.
Provision of snacks during the day
Since we eat at restaurants several times a day, Ciclismo Classico will ensure ahead of time that:
Each restaurant is following a safety protocol (if required by the CDC or state authorities), which may require that employees are properly outfitted with masks and/or gloves and that tables are situated far enough apart.
Encourage guests to wash their hands when they arrive at the restaurant.
* Ciclismo Classico shall not be responsible for, and shall make no refund for, events beyond its control, such as, without limitation, acts of God, strikes, acts of war, terrorism or civil disturbance, government restrictions, changes of schedules or operational decisions of air carriers, terrorist activity or the threat thereof, industrial action, natural or nuclear activity, epidemic, pandemic, illness, physical injury, quarantine, medical or customs or immigration regulation, delay, or cancellation, adverse weather conditions, fire, or for acts or omission of Third Parties or other parties not under the control of Ciclismo Classico and all similar events outside our control. Please see our Policies page for more details.