Dear Ciclismo Classico Guests:
The decision to travel in the next few months is a personal one. When you are ready, we believe that cycling in remote locations, far away from crowds is one of the most wonderful ways to explore the world!
To give you the peace of mind and flexibility that you need during these uncertain times, we have modified our 2020 safety and cancelation policies. Please note, in this ever-changing situation, we reserve the right to make changes to these policies as necessary. Read our Policies page for more details.
Thank you in advance for staying in touch (we love hearing from you), postponing or rescheduling your tour if necessary and your patience.
Director and Founder, Ciclismo Classico
In light of COVID-19, our Summer and Fall tours will take all the necessary steps to keep our guests and guides safe and healthy.
For your peace of mind and safety, here’s a list of safety measures we’ve implemented for the foreseeable future.
- Guide training: All guides that are going out on tour with us go through a COVID-specific training including additional safety measures, mitigation plans, and symptom monitoring.
- Health Waiver: All guests will be expected to sign a waiver confirming they are in good health on the 1st day of tour before getting on the road. Guides might take their temperature daily and verify their continued good health each day of tour.
- Daily cleaning: Guides will be frequently wiping down equipment and high-touch points on the vans. They will perform a daily deep cleaning of the van as well.
- Masks: Guides will be required to wear a mask in the van and when in close proximity to guests. Guests are required to wear masks in the van and in close proximity to other guests. These coverings may include a cotton face mask, a disposable face mask, a bandana or a neck gaiter (Buff style).
- Hand washing: Hand washing or use of hand sanitizer is expected of guests before they get into the van. Guides will also be washing their hands or using hand sanitizer before entering the van.
- Social distancing: With a smaller group there will be plenty of room in the van to spread out. Outside the van, 6 feet of social distancing will be maintained by guests and guides when possible. If a tour gets larger than 8 guests, we will add a van as necessary in order to maintain social distancing during shuttles.
- Routes: Depending on the tour and the group, routes will be altered to help minimize van time.
- Dinners: If the group is comfortable with outdoor seating at restaurants, we’ll do that! If it feels best for the group to split up and do dinner separately we’ll help get that set up as well. We want you all to feel as comfortable as possible while still having a wonderful tour!
- Lunches: we’ll be doing either gourmet pre-made picnics from local bakeries or cafes, or the guides will prepare the lunches and serve them, rather than doing them family-style. Guides will wear masks and gloves anytime they handle food, and they all have their food handler’s permits and will have extra training before going back on tour this summer. We have also moved to individually packaged snacks, so there won’t be any communal snack bowls like we would have normally put out in the past.
- Hotels: Our hotel partners are working hard to keep their guests safe and healthy. They are complying with the CDC and individual state guidelines and have added extra cleaning, nights between reservations where the room stands empty (when possible), training for their employees, and in some cases, restrictions to help maintain social distancing.
2020 European Tours: If Ciclismo Postpones your Trip due to Travel Restrictions
We remain committed to running the remainder of our 2020 tours unless travel is restricted by local or global authorities, or we determine the quality of the tour would be negatively impacted due to the Coronavirus situation. We will evaluate each tour 45 days prior to the tour start date (or closer to the departure date as the situation changes).
If we have to postpone your trip due to travel restrictions, we’ll rollover your deposit towards ANY future European Ciclismo Classico trip.
2020 European Tours: Departing June 15-August 31 (Revised Policies)
For all European Tours with a June 15, 2020 – August 31, 2020 departure date, we have altered our policies as follows:
- Final Payment: In an effort to ease financial pressure from our guest, final payment will be due 45 days prior to the tour.
- For bookings not paid in full: If at any time you wish to postpone your trip prior to 45 days from departure date, we’ll rollover a credit equal to 125% of your deposit that can be used towards ANY future European Ciclismo Classico trip. No penalty. No expiration date. You may also transfer this credit to a friend or family member as a gift certificate.
If you are scheduled to travel with Ciclismo Classico on September 1, 2020 and beyond, please contact our office for the most recent updates. Your patience and understanding are sincerely appreciated.
New Reservations: 2020 Domestic Tours
For Domestic One-Day Tours: reservations are non-refundable but can be rescheduled with 48 hour notice.
For all other 2020 Domestics Tours, our policies as follows:
- Relaxed Final Payment: In an effort to ease financial pressure from our guest, final payment will be due 30 days prior to the tour.
- Cancellation Policies:
- If you choose to cancel once you made your final payment (30 days prior to the tour), no refund will be provided.
- If we need to cancel due to travel restrictions by local or global authorities, a full refund will be provided.
* Ciclismo Classico shall not be responsible for, and shall make no refund for, events beyond its control, such as, without limitation, acts of God, strikes, acts of war, terrorism or civil disturbance, government restrictions, changes of schedules or operational decisions of air carriers, terrorist activity or the threat thereof, industrial action, natural or nuclear activity, epidemic, pandemic, illness, physical injury, quarantine, medical or customs or immigration regulation, delay, or cancellation, adverse weather conditions, fire, or for acts or omission of Third Parties or other parties not under the control of Ciclismo Classico and all similar events outside our control. Please see our Policies page for more details.