Experience a distinctive culinary movement in the Berkshires — where farms and restaurants long ago created a world-class food culture together by committing to using local seasonal ingredients. Nestled between Vermont’s Green Mountains and Connecticut’s Taconic Mountains, The Berkshires were named among the 12 Last Great Places by The Nature Conservancy. Home to iconic destinations such as Tanglewood, Kripalu, Canyon Ranch, and The Norman Rockwell Museum, the area’s cultural significance is just as vibrant as its local food scene. And the Berkshires’ rolling quiet roads can’t be beat for a Northeast riding destination.
- Tour Hancock Shaker Village, a living history museum and working farm
- Enjoy a tasting of locally-made wines and pick pumpkins at Balderdash Cellars
- Pick apples and enjoy fresh cider donuts at Bartlett’s Orchard
- Participate in community supported agriculture and learn about no-till farming at Woven Roots Farm
- Pick up some native plants to bring home at Helia Native Nursery
- Enjoy a meal at Seeds, the farm-to-table cafe at Hancock Shaker Village
- Swing by Bright Ideas Brewing on your way home to enjoy local craft beer
- Ride & dine with Farm to Fork founder and former professional cyclist Tyler Wren
- Tour includes 3 on-farm experiences unique to the Berkshires region, gourmet locally-sourced bites from the farms, post-ride Farm to Fork picnic lunch, and free parking.
*Farm experiences subject to change based on availability and local regulations at the time of your Tour.
What to Expect:
Price: $140 per person.
Level: All levels
Start/End Location: Pittsfield, MA
Mileage: 40 or 60 miles
Start/End Date: Private tours available. Contact us at 800-866-7314
Farm to Fork founder and former professional cyclist Tyler Wren.
Lauren Hefferon, Director and Founder of Ciclismo Classico.