The 8th Annual Ciclismo Classico Bike Travel Film Festival
May 31, 2017
Regent Theatre, Arlington, MA
Submission Guidelines – General
For Ciclismo Classico mini-films category, please Click Here.
Filmmakers please submit the following:
- One DVD (NTSC) of the film (or online link to film with DVD to follow upon acceptance). Your DVD must be labeled with the title, director’s name, length, format, subtitling (if any); please indicate if the submission is a rough cut, or work in progress.
- Synopsis of the film
- Director statement AND/OR Five interesting facts about the filmmaker and/or the film
- Two or more still photos related to the film (must be print quality; minimum 300 dpi)
- Full cast and credits list.
In case an item is not available at the time of submission, it will be requested immediately upon selection.
For promotion of selected films the Festival will request the owners of the participating films to make available a sufficient number of press kits.
The Regent Theatre prefers to screen films on DVD or BluRay DVD. Other digital formats may be considered under certain circumstances.
The Festival is not responsible for the damage to films incurred in shipping. All preview films and submitted press materials will not be returned.
Submissions Open – December 1, 2016
Official Entry Deadline – April 1, 2017
Filmmakers will be notified of Selection Committee’s decision by early May.
Submissions should be sent to Karin Turer, Festival Organizer: Karin@tugboat23.com
c/o Ciclismo Classico
30 Marathon Street
Arlington, MA 02474
Guidelines and Restrictions
- Ciclismo Classico’s selection committee reserves the right to determine inappropriate content, such as violence, hate speech, defamation, or pornography; if any content is deemed by the committee to be such, the film will be rejected
- The festival will consider all films regardless of any commercial, theatrical or television play in the US.
- All films in a language other than English MUST be subtitled in English for festival presentation.
- Works-in-progress will be considered. PLEASE NOTE: Upon acceptance, filmmakers must deliver final format for festival screening.
- No regular submissions can be greater than 60 minutes in length, or less than 3 minutes
- Ciclismo Classico alumni mini-films category please Click Here
Terms and Conditions
Filmmakers retain the copyright of their film.
Ciclismo Classico reserves the right to use in perpetuity excerpts of submitted films, trailers, and all information and materials submitted within the press kit for any and all promotional purposes without further compensation or liability.
Use of completed film submissions for any purpose(s) is at the sole discretion of Ciclismo Classico, which reserves the right to determine final Festival programming.
The submitter expressly warrants that it has obtained all necessary copyright clearances for original works of authorship used in the film, and all rights and clearances necessary to exhibit the film.
The submitter shall indemnify and hold harmless The 8th Annual Ciclismo Classico Bike Travel Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, Fees, and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s Fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos submitted, and any claims arising out of or in connection with the exhibition of the film.
The 8th Annual Ciclismo Classico Bike Travel Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.